I just received this from Bob Jessep – a school mate of mine. I only wish I could credit the person who created the following list. Unfortunately, it is like so many things we get in the (E) mail – clever, but no indication of who deserves the credit. Perhaps the originator will stumble upon this blog and claim their just recognition. (To claim anything beyond that would be foolhardy – blood from a turnip is still not available.)
So, without further ado… the list of reasons why you know you’re living in 2010.
1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.
2. You haven’t played solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3.
4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.
5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don’t have e-mail addresses.
6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.
7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen.
8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn’t have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it.
9. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.
10. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )
There were a couple of other things on the list that I edited out. I really don’t expect you to forward this list to your friends. But feel free to forward the address of this blog.